only you know about this





a step back

Thursday, January 26

i'll tell you who's stupid

"i marvel at the lights that flicker each time they pass-by high above my head ; then disappearing into the deep night sky- leaving me there to ponder when am i going to own one better than that??"

wondering what that is huh??

well people..that's my innermost thought...i've put it nicely on a bookmark..

*laugh* anyway , this post isn't exactly going to be about my quote...its more about

my passion , hopes and dreams...(which some people put there have crushed)

anyway , today's post is going to be on another flashback...

this happened in the year 2010...i was 18

all individuals have their own passion..and of course that crazy dream that

you want to do something different than others...all of us yearn to be successful ,

wealthy and of course perfect , though perfect is such a subjective term and its

meaning so vague...

however , not everyone get the things that they want...and often we end up at the

wrong side of the road...

anyway , back to my story...

i have always wanted to and still want to do law...

i am passionate about it and i know i would and will excel in it...

after my SPM result , i started doing some research about this field...

my research ranged from the lists of universities that i should choose as well

as the academic content of this course...

then , one fine sunny sunday morning (i'm exaggerating of course) we ; meaning my

family and I, went to this lawyer's house...

this lawyer is also my father's friend and my parents had brought me there for some

carreer advice as a lawyer...

note : this lawyer is also the husband of butter-stealer~member of the gossip gang

ok..so the conversation begun...orange juice was served *it was bitter,yuck*

this lawyer was talking boasting about his success...*roll eyes*

i listened like all obedient house guests should...

then..he asked the university of my choice...

and i said university x

and to my astonishment...

he said this...

"this university is the worse university to go to!! it has poor academic standards..and the lecturers there aren't good.Most importantly..the graduates from this univerisity cannot get a job easily"

hearing this..i just kept quiet..

but..in my mind:

for heaven's sake..this university is one of the best in this country...if it wasn't the best then why in the world would be ranked a tier 5 by the Ministry of Higher Education??you can just come right out and say that you're just jealous that
a person from my caste can get a place in a prestigious university like that and a person from your caste just can..because they don't have the academic qualification that i have..they can barely speak english..

to my disbelief...it wasn't just one person discouraging me..there were plenty..

everyone i met seem to discourage me...among the things they had said to me were:

1.lawyers have a difficulity landing a good job

my reaction : if its so difficult for lawyers to get a job , then how do you explain some lawyers' great wealth?? even if its difficult for me to get a good job...i can open up my own firm...it will be difficult for a few years...but progressively my career would take off..


2.the demand for lawyers are decreasing

my reaction:yes..there are plenty of criminal lawyers in town..so??if you're the best then nobody can get you out of the business

3.i'm stupid for choosing to do law because i'm a science student

my reaction: what's wrong with that??i've heard of plenty of science students who end up doing law..and i've also heard of plenty of arts students who end up doing medicine...and they're all very successful..so why would i be any different

4.i must do medicine

my reaction:come on people..if everyone wants to do medicine , then who in the world would be thinking of new and creative ideas for making facebook a success , who would seek justice for the innocent , who would be desingning giants to fly , who would be entertaining us on television , who would be writing beautiful books for our eyes and mind to savour , who would be keeping our environment clean...who??who?? to me...a job must not be job..a job that is a career is a successful one...if money is the reason why we pursue knowledge today..then , to me..you people just have no respect for knowledge..i love what i learn , i am curious..i yearn for more...but , i don't want money in return , my ultimate goal is to understand our existence in this world and the roles we should be playing..is that too much to ask??

No comments:

Post a Comment